- Parkinson disease is the second-most common neurodegenerative disorder that affects 2–3% of the population ≥65 years of age. Neuronal loss in the ...
- Cancer cells have an unnatural appetite for certain amino acids—nonessential amino acids that healthy cells produce themselves, usually in amounts sufficient for ...
- When people get sick, they often think of bacteria as the cause of their illness and wouldn’t even begin to think of ...
- Conventional chemotherapy with DNA-damaging agents has helped countless cancer patients become cancer survivors. This successful outcome is sometimes accompanied by long-term side ...
- Highlights GRK5-β2AR binding is enhanced by receptor and kinase ligands and acidic lipids GRK5 binding to the β2AR involves a multi-site interaction ...
- Sickle cell disease is caused by an alteration in a single DNA base, but its clinical manifestations are influenced by other genes ...
- Safe anaerobic metabolism Naked mole-rats live in large colonies deep underground in hypoxic conditions. Park et al. found that these animals fuel anaerobic ...
- If you are looking for free PSN codes then look no further as we have made the perfect PSN code generator for ...
- Cryo-electron microscopy (Cryro-EM) molecular mapping was used to determine how the bacterial gene editing complex CRISPR/Cas9 interacts with viral anti-CRISPR proteins. CRISPRs (clustered ...
- Researchers have been studying the CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing system as a potential therapeutic tool to modify or delete pathogenic sequences within the human ...
Priscilla N. Kelly
Emerging evidence indicates that the immune system can influence microbiome composition. Chen et al. now report that patients with active ulcerative colitis have low expression of NLRP12, which is best known for its role...
Ken Y. Lin, W. Lee Kraus
Charles A. Schiffer, M.D., and Jeffrey A. Zonder, M.D
Kyuho Han et al.
Barbara R. Jasny
Ann Lin et al.
For people with no perceivable health issues but who are curious about some potential future ailments, there are now a handful of companies offering whole-genome or exome sequencing services to identify potential disease risks...
Paul Krimpenfort, Anton Berns
Andrew A. Wylie